Sunday, February 7, 2010

We have Arrived!

This is the post for January 22, 2010
After 19 hours of travel, we have arrived in Beijing. It is Friday afternoon at 5:30 in Beijing and we are just getting settled into our hotel. I am on a downward spiral - FAST! I did not sleep but 2 hours Wednesday night in Houston. Too excited, nervous.... whatever it was I only shut my eyes for a brief period of time and watched the clock countdown the minutes until it was time to go and board the plane to China. I did not sleep on the plane to Newark and I got a couple of hours of sleep on the flight to Beijing. It is a struggle for me to speak, type and think. Once we arrived at the airport, we quickly found our English speaking guide who shuttled us and another couple adopting through Holt to our Hotel and through the check in process. So far so good. Of course there is no rest for the weary. I received a packet from the Adoption Agency and to prepare for Madelyn's adoption I must make many copies of several documents on a special sized paper. So I hope a quick shower will refresh me and down I will go to the Business Center to complete this task and be ready for tomorrow. It is 1 degrees F here in Beijing, so we will be staying in for dinner. lol Tomorrow we have a quick orientation and then off to see the sites. I tried to access my original blog through google and not to my surprise - it is blocked. So this is the blog I will be using until our return to the United States. I post an update tomorrow. Thanks for all of your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment