Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Home, Rested and Adjusting



We made it home on Friday and arrived to a airport full of family and friends. What a whirlwind of travel in a 26 hour period. God looked out for us and we encountered no flight delays, beautiful weather and smooth flights. We have heard from other families that were in our group, some of which were delayed for days because of the weather situation. We were very lucky.

Now that we are home we are all adjusting quite nicely. The dog however is not overjoyed that she is here and staying - although Maddie loves Pressley (that may be the problem for Pressley) lol.

Maddie immediately took to Christopher and Lizzy. She is a little parrot and mimicks everything they do and say. They are having fun teaching all kinds of new tricks. Lizzy is also having dressing her up - some days we have 3 outfit changes. Maddie has also taken quite well to my Daddy and calls him Pauky instead of Poppy - its so cute.

We have successfully conquered our fear of the bath - although she has not sat down in the water yet. We are working on that still. She is still reluctant to let anyone outside of our circle of 5 hold her, talk to her or touch her. This may take a while - as she becomes more comfortable with us and the longevity of her situation she hopefully will warm up to people. I have moved her out of my bed at night - she is a fitful sleeper. Between her sleeping on top of me and the dog sleeping on me I was completely miserable at night. We moved her toddler mattress into my room which she reluctantly slept on last night. However, she had a much more restful nights sleep and did not have any bad dreams (which she has woken up with the earlier this week)

It has been quite an adjustment getting use to having a toddler in the house, however she listens well for a 2 year old and does entertain herself well with her toys. She has found no interest in television at all. I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so that we can get outside a bit.

I have scheduled her an appointment at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Tx to see the Cleft Team of Specialized. Our appointment is not until March 29th. In the interim she will see Dr. Wallace just to make sure she is well. I am very interested to know and can't wait to see the team in Houston. I'll keep everyone posted after that visit.

I will be posting some of the video from our travels and now that we are home for all to enjoy. I was able to move all of my blog postings and pictures over to this blog. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment