Friday, January 1, 2016

Hope in the New Year

And just like that… a new year rings and the calendar turns the page.  Its merely symbolic, but feels like much more, like a blank page - like the refresh button has been pushed and we get to begin again - with new choices, new friendships, new experiences.

Each year instead of making a new years resolution I choose a theme for the year.  2015 I did not choose a theme, as my life was in a bit of turmoil and looking back, the year seems to have had a direction of its own and I was only along for the ride.  2016 I am committed to having one that can focus the years perspective.  I have chosen an appropriate one for the next chapter of my life; HOPE.

The definition of HOPE as a verb (with action) is to have confidence and trust; to desire and consider the possible.  With all the heartache and difficult truths that have been revealed to me this past year that I have had to face - I choose HOPE - I choose to have confidence and trust my GOD, that he has amazing things for me in this new year.  I choose to consider the possibility that I will find fulfillment and love, and that I am worthy of those things.  I have HOPE that my beautiful children will be relatively unaffected by the choices of others and will take away valuable life lessons from 2015.

I don't want to look back anymore, I want to keep my eyes focused on the future.  I want a spirit of Adventure so that I can explore things that are new with an open mind and open heart.  Although my past experiences will never leave me as they shape and define who I am going forward - I want to HOPE for amazing things in the coming year.  I want to HOPE that GOD increases my territory and allows me to be an example to others of what HOPE can bring, the doors that it can open, the life it can restore!  HOPE, a small 4 letter word that can change someone's world.

Happy New Year!

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

No comments:

Post a Comment