Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Brave

I recently heard a song by Bethel Music that made me pause and think.  The song was called "You Make Me Brave".  The lyrics say -  

"You make me brave, you called me out beyond the shore into the waves."
"You make me brave, no fear can hinder now the promises you made."
"Because your love, in wave after wave, crashes over me. "
"For you are for us, you are not against us.  Champion of heaven you made a way."

I pondered that song and listened to it over and over again.  I concluded that GOD has made me Brave.  In the midst of my storm, he filled me with his promises, never left my side and pulled out of me the bravery he knew was there.  The bravery to face the difficult decisions, to forge ahead and make a new life for me and my children.

I recently gathered up all my kids during this Christmas break and decided it was time for new family pictures.  A symbol of what my new normal is - the face of what my family now looks like.  I use to be afraid of that picture.  The one where I am leading this amazing bunch of young people by myself.  I used to be scared that I could not do it - that without an intact family we were doomed.  GOD and his promises has helped me face my fears.  He has made me realize that He called me beyond my comfort zone into the waves, to strengthen my faith, my reliance on HIM - to a life of abundance and one that HE has prepared for me.  A life where GOD makes all wrongs right, where he uses ALL things to HIS glory.

I am BRAVE!  And as the old saying goes - the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree - so are my children BRAVE!






I LOVE our new family pictures!  I LOVE my family!


2 comments:

  1. You express yourself so well! Your words, pictures and family are beautiful! Love you and your precious children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You express yourself so well! Your words, pictures and family are beautiful! Love you and your precious children!

    ReplyDelete