Sunday, January 24, 2016

A special day for a special girl!

Time….  It goes by so quickly…. Especially when you have something to measure against it.

6 years ago the most amazing, tenacious, determined, ball of energy entered our lives, although she entered meekly, mildly, scared and unsure.  I'll never forget her frail frame and her scared little face, unsure of who we were, where she was going and what was happening in her little world.

Time… it changes things… it heals and it allows for growth …..



And boy has Maddie grown!  She has grown into a beautiful 8 year old.  One who is sensitive and caring but rough and tough.  I can't imagine my life without her.  She makes me want to be a better person and a better mom!  I love her more than words could ever express.  And today we celebrate that moment in time where our lives changed forever….  Maddie's GOTCHA Day.  And before the festivities began, I read my blog entry to her that I wrote 6 years ago and looked into her sweet face and told her how special she was and that GOD has a special purpose for her on this earth.

I cannot thank GOD enough for allowing me the privilege of being her mother.  What a wonderful day to celebrate (its my favorite celebration throughout the year).

Friends and family gathered to celebrate this milestone with us.  Although the BIGS could not be with us, we did FaceTime during our celebration.  Chinese food, in beautiful chinese dishes with a beautiful cupcake display made special for Maddie.  Nothing could be better.








No comments:

Post a Comment