Monday, December 12, 2011

Update

Our adoption of Mia is slowly moving forward. We reached a milestone in the process and finally received our I797 approval from USCIS (Immigration) and were able to send our completed Dossier to China. Now that China has our Dossier, Holt was able to secure our match with Mia. We are now waiting on China to approve our match and issue a LOA. We expect this document anytime in the next 2 months. After this milestone we have several more hurdles until Gotcha Day, but today we do not have as many as we had last month and I am thankful for that.

Our adoption agency has given us the opportunity to ask the orphanage questions related to Mia's development. I carefully crafted questions in order to get as much information as I could from their responses. I am curious if she is crawling or at least beginning to crawl, and at this point, what her weight and height is. We can expect to have the responses to our questions in approximately 2-3 weeks. I am also hopeful that I will get some information on when her lip closure surgery is scheduled for. I have asked the agency to supply updated pictures after surgery as well. Please continue to pray for Mia, especially her pending surgery. How it hurts my heart and soul that I cannot be with her during this procedure. BUT I know that GOD will be with her and have his hands on her when I cannot.

We still anticipate traveling in the Spring/Summer 2012. We will keep everyone posted as we move beyond milestones in this process and new information is shared with us.

Thanks to all my friends and family for your continued support and prayers during this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment