Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Surgery

Yesterday, as part of some sort of mothers intuition, my thoughts centered around Mia and her pending surgery. I emailed my Adoption Agency to find out if they had received any information on the date of Mia's lip closure surgery. I received an email today that Mia had surgery yesterday.

Upon reading this email, my heart dropped and tears immediately came to my eyes. Even though we requested this surgery be done in China, I did not realize how I would feel about not being with her during and after surgery. Knowing that she is by herself without her mom to love and comfort her breaks my heart.

I knew that the surgery was going to happen - I just did not have an idea of when it would be. Although I pray for Mia every day and have prayed about her surgery - I just wanted to be able to pray for her prior to surgery - It's just something that we, in our humanness want, even though we know GOD is in control.

So now I ask all my friends and family to stop for just a moment and pray for her as she recovers. Please pray that GOD will hold her and comfort her in my absence and that HE will heal her quickly.

As we wait for information of how surgery went, Mia's health status and hopefully pictures - please pray for us during this difficult time.

I will post more information as soon as I receive it.

1 comment:

  1. I can just feel the pain in your heart. I felt the same way when Adam was in the hospital in Bejing without us. I pray for a easy recovery for Mia and that you will soon have her in your arms.

    Blessings,
    Jennifer Smith

    ReplyDelete