Monday, August 24, 2009


There has been no more news regarding the adoption but I wanted to post an update on our preparations. We had previously finished painting and putting together Madelyn's bedroom. However, there was one thing that I wanted to do before I considered this project complete - and that was have her name painted on the wall above her bed. This may not sound like a huge "event" but each item purchased, each preparation completed is a big deal and is done with much love and family involvement.


This weekend my sister and my niece, Jena came from Texas to help with this project, as they are the artists of the family. I had purchased some letter stencils in the size and design that I wanted as well as some paint. Jena not only did a fantastic job of stenciling her name on the wall she went the extra step and painted some pretties as well. Jena is so talented, artistically she did not need a stencil for those, as I would have, she just free-handed the extras.... The finished product was more than I had hoped it would be!


When I think about all that went into putting her room together, it was truly a family affair. Elizabeth selected the bedding and the wall color. Suzanne, my sister-in-law, Lizzy and I painted the room. The pictures that now hang on the wall of her beautiful bedroom were painted by Lizzy in the 3rd grade and match so perfectly, as if they were painted specifically to match. Lastly, the beautiful wall decorations were done by my sister and neice.


I feel so blessed to have such an involved family. It is good to be surrounded by those that have the same level of excitement as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment