Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Good Morning Friends and Family,

I wanted to touch base with all of you and give an update on the progress of the adoption. Since my last email lots of paperwork has been filled out and I mean LOTS! More importantly, we have received our approval from Immigration. This approval was given in record time – 31 days from the time USCIS received the paperwork to approval. There are many more hurdles that we must get over before actually receiving our Travel Dates to China, and I won’t bog you down with all of the details, but we are well on our way. Today, July 31st, our Dossier (packet of approved, certified and authenticated paperwork) is being sent to the Chinese Adoption Authority for approval. This approval is the big one and how quickly it is given will determine how quickly we get our baby girl. The CCAA is historically known for taking a long time to issue approvals – so I am asking that today, as our documents make their way to someone in China at the CCAA, that you pray specifically for the efficiency of the person and/or persons that will receive them and for a speedy approval. Our God can move mountains and I know that through prayer we can again have an approval given in record time.

Since my last email, lots of things have happened in preparing for Madelyn’s homecoming. As many of you know, Keith and I have not had babies or toddlers in many years, so we are starting from scratch. We have purchased a beautiful baby bed, bedding and have painted her room pink. We still have some more things to do to prepare her room but it is moving along. We have bought a few other items, such as sippy cups and clothing items. We have a long way to go to be fully prepared but we are working on it and having a lot of fun doing it. Wow- have things changed and technology improved since our kids were little. I think you now need a PhD to operate one of those new and improved strollers – LOL.

I would like to ask that you continue to pray for our family as we journey through this process. I have had much time to think and prepare myself for Madelyn’s arrival. In praying for her every day, I ask GOD to prepare her for this big transition and remove any fear she may have when she meets us. Please make this your prayer as well.

Again, I want to thank you all for your continued prayers and support! I love you. I will keep you posted as we reach each milestone….

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for post. It’s really imformative stuff.
    I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!
    --
    rockymeet
    --
    seo jaipur--seo jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to get our Chupy!!!!!!

    -Penny&Jena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, this is awesome! I am so excited for you & your family! I hope all goes well & that she is here VERY soon! Congrats! Let me know if there is anything I can do now or when she gets here!

    Love,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete