Monday, July 16, 2012

Mia is adjusting

Mia is adjusting quite well.  Now that we are home we are all recovering from jet lag including Mia.  She has finally gotten her days and nights correct, however, a couple of hours into sleeping at night she wakes up and wants me hold her while she sleeps.  The first night she did this I let her cry until she cried herself to sleep (I refuse to have her in the bed with Keith and I).  Last night I just could stand to hear her cries - she was breaking my heart. I did lay with her on the couch until she fell back into a deep sleep.  I was able to lay her back down into her crib and she slept until this morning.

We have had such a warm reception of friends and family that have come and called to welcome Mia home.  They have been so wonderful making sure that Maddie felt included, some even bringing gifts for her.

Mia is warming up to everyone.  She loves her brother (of course who wouldn't).  She is adjusting to Keith and will allow him to hold her.  She gets excited to see my mom and dad.  I think kids instinctively know who their grandparents are.

Lots to do in the next few weeks.  Mia's well baby check up is next Tuesday and we are still waiting on an appointment date for Texas Children's Craniofacial team.  We should have one confirmed tomorrow.  Her Baptism is scheduled for July 29th and we must attend classes this week at church beforehand.

Our GOTCHA Moment

Chillin in the high chair

First Mani and Pedi with Lizzy



No comments:

Post a Comment