Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July to all.  I am definitely happy that I am an American and from the Greatest Country in this world.  You definitely realize how richly blessed we are in our country when you visit a place like China.

We took the big girls shopping at the mall and to some smaller boutique type shops.  They just needed a quick fix - had to buy something.  Later that night we decided to try the Chinese restuarant in our hotel for supper.  WOW - how unusual.  We had a table full of food.  (Keith ordered and wasn't sure what he had ordered but it was all good).  I had ordered a water to drink and received a wine glass of boiling water - lol.  I had fed Mia before we went down for supper because it was a little later for her than normal.  When we got to the restaurant she still wanted to eat.  She can communicate her "Wants" to me - she makes this sweet little sound and opens her mouth if she wants a bite.  She now has learned how to feed herself (children in China are not allowed to eat with their hands).  I was feeding her rice last night and at one point was not paying attention to the fact that she was finished and wanted another bite - so she grabbed my hand and made her little noise.  She is too cute. 

Her and Maddie are quite jealous of me and Mia will push Maddie away to have me all to herself.  We are working with Maddie to ensure that she understands this and isn't mad at Mia for doing this.  When Mia naps, I am taking some time for me and Maddie to have our time. She seems to be doing much better now.  It has turned out to be quite an adjustment for her.

Today is Thursday and we will be leaving this city tomorrow headed for Guangzhou.  Today we ventured out in the heat again and visited a landmark pagoda in the city. All I can say is that it was hot!  Pretty but HOT!  Mia began warming up to others last night.  She even let Lizzy hold her from the restaurant all the way up to our room. She is enjoying playing with the big girls.  She definitely likes when Lizzy helps her walk around. Mia will be walking unassisted in no time (watch out). Mia is even starting to warm up to Keith.  She will give him kisses and high five -but still won't let him hold her.  She doesn't cry as much when I walk out of the room and will allow Keith to sit by her or hand her snacks without fussing.  She is beginning to imitate what he does, blinking her eyes, shrugging her shoulders, etc.  She is definitely getting more comfortable in her surroundings.

We get many stares here and many people ask to take our picture.  The big girls find it weird.  I think it is cute.  I told them to think of them as the paparazzi - lol.

Mia is such a sweet and loving baby - I can't wait for everyone to meet her.  (My grandmother would have loved her and her big black eyes and fat little legs)

No comments:

Post a Comment