Sunday, July 8, 2012

Guangzhou!

We have finally arrived in Guangzhou!  This is one of the last destinations that we will be staying any length of time at.  While here we got Mia's medical exam complete.  Because she was under the age of 2 she did not have to have any vaccination shots or a TB test.  This was a welcome repreave for all of us.  I don't think I could have stood the tears.

Mia is doing great.  She has quite the personality.  She loves to give kisses, she will shake her head no if she doesn't want something.  She has the most precious facial expressions - she will furr her eyebrows and raise them.  She is very funny.  She still very much loves her mama and is very attached to me.  She will allow Lizzy to hold her or help her walk but only for a short time.  Her appetite is fantastic and she eats anything and everything we put in front of her.  Some days she never stops eating. Her little fat thighs are just kissable along with her chubby cheeks.

Maddie is still having a rough go of things adjusting to the shift in attention from her to Mia.  Today Keith took the big girls to the amusement park and I stayed with Maddie and Mia.  I have been making a concerted effort, as well as everyone else in trying to make Maddie feel okay.  I was able to spend some one on one time with her today and yesterday while the baby was napping.  She seems to be getting better.  I am sure once we are home Maddie will feel better.  I know she misses Nana, Poppy and Christopher.

Tomorrow we are going to the zoo.  I hope that Mia likes the animals, I know Maddie will.  

We will be heading to Hong Kong on Wednesday for the final leg of our journey.  I can't wait to be home.  We will fly out Thursday morning and should be in Lake Charles at 10:30pm.  




I cant wait for all of you to meet  my sweet Mia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment