Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Family Weekend

This past weekend Keith and I and all the girls along with my parents made the journey to Springhill College in Mobile, Alabama for family weekend with Christopher.  First of all I can't express how nice it  is when I have all of my children with me.  However, I must say that the most moving part of the weekend for this momma, was realizing that my son has become a Man, and a good one.  He is beginning to realize all of those lessons we tried to drill in his head when he was at home.  The value of money, the value of hard work, managing your time and resources, cleanliness and most importantly the value of family.

He has fit into the family of students at Springhill very well- everyone knows him and stopped us throughout our visit and would talk to us or the girls.  He is doing well in his classes and even secured an internship with the contractor that will be filming the Varsity Basketball games.

We were able to watch him play 2 basketball games while we were there,  He did soooo well and I am so proud of him for working so hard.




It is bittersweet watching him grow up.  But my heart is so full knowing what an amazing, kind, hardworking and compassionate man he is growing into.  This mom couldn't be prouder!!!!!!

It was so good to see him and I hated to leave, but we will be seeing him again this weekend for his first basketball game.  Let's Go #42!!!!!!!

After we left Lizzy told us that he Tweeted "Parents are the best!"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment