Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Basketball & Birthdays


Christopher was invited by the Basketball Coach at Springhill College (where he will be attending in the fall) to practice with the team last week. This was his "tryout" for the team. He had been practicing 7 days a week and still trying to recover from his ankle sprain that sidelined for the last 3 games of the season. He worked hard AND.... it paid off. He made the Basketball Team and got an athletic scholarship to go along with his academic scholarship. I am so excited that I will continue to be able to cheer him and his team on!!!! I forsee many trips to Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama to watch Basketball!!!! Go Badgers!


His smile shows how excited he is to be a Badger Basketball Player!

Monday, April 16th was Mia's first birthday. Months ago I had thought that we would celebrate this milestone with our baby girl. Unfortunately it would not come to pass. However, we did a birthday celebration in her honor. Lizzy made the cake, all of us sung happy birthday and Maddie blew out the candle. I have said many times that God's Timing is Perfect and I truly believe this. I went to my bible study class before our birthday celebration where we are studying the book of Esther. The lesson focused on "timing" and how GOD aligns and orchestrates things throughout the bible to ensure his Will is carried out AND he does this in our lives today. This just reconfirmed that GOD's timing is perfect and even though I am not with my baby girl on her 1st birthday its because GOD is planning, orchestrating and preparing things for his PERFECT TIMING. It amazes me how GOD can provide comfort in my time of need. WOW - how my Heavenly Father knows what I need and always provides!




Please keep praying for Mia as she prepares to make this transition into her Forever Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment