Sunday, January 3, 2010

Travel...

We finally received the confirmation from the US Consulate of our VISA appointment which dictates our travel dates. Although we are waiting on the in-country travel arrangements to be finalized, we are confirmed to arrive in Beijing on January 22nd. Once we arrive in Beijing we have more travel which is what our adoption agency is working on confirming. We will travel to Shaanxi Province (which is where Madelyn's orphanage is located) and then on to Guangzhou to the US Consulate and then HOME.

I can't believe it is finally here. All of the paperwork, roadblocks and waiting is almost over. This is the last leg of our journey to get Madelyn. This news stirs many different emotions in me. Excitement that I will actually get to meet her and hold her and love her. Anxiety about the travel to China, while we are in China and the travel back home (I am not a big fan of flying). Worry about how I will handle a 2 year old once we get home. It has been a long time since my kids were toddlers. But what I feel most is Overwhelming JOY that my family will finally be all together and the 5th member of my family will be HOME - safe and sound where is she loved.

This week we should have confirmation of all travel and will be able to book our flights to China. I was on vacation the week after Christmas and was able to get many tasks accomplished for upcoming events for the kids and things for our upcoming trip. I was able to get Madelyn's suitcase packed and am working on packing for both Keith and I. There are still many things to get done before we leave.

I will update my blog with our itinerary once it is confirmed and then on a daily basis while we are in China. I hope to post some videos so that all can see Madelyn. I have also downloaded Skype onto my laptop, mainly so I can communicate with my kids at home while we are gone. For those that have web cams and are on Skype - let me know your Skype name and we can video conference each other.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They have meant so much to me and our family, especially through the agonizing wait. I will ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers as we travel there and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment