Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Pictures

We recently had a good friend, who is a talented photographer, come and take family pictures now that our family unit is complete (or at least we think it is until GOD tells us otherwise).  I have been waiting for the opportunity to have all 4 kids photographed together.  When I watched her snap the first photo shown below, I briefly lost my breathe at the meer sight of all 4 of them sitting there and was instantly overwhelmed with JOY.  Joy that they are all HERE - TOGETHER for what some families take for granted - a simple family picture.  Maybe it is because we traveled far and wide, overcame lots of red tape and bureaucy to complete this family unit that I am so appreciative and aware of how precious it is.


The moments the photographer captured were so special on many different levels.  As a mother, my favorite ones are those moments in which my older children interact so lovingly with the younger ones.  I must tell you that bringing Maddie and Mia into our lives has certainly changed who Christopher and Lizzy ARE,  as well as who they will become.  Those tender moments of sibling LOVE are shown below.  I can see the love for one another, unadulterated love, oozing from these pictures - it jumps off the page at you.



The big kids definitely indulge Maddie and Mia and love playing with them.  Being silly, fun competitions between them and just enjoying the simple moments - it keeps them young and opens their hearts.


This picture of Mia just shows how stinking "CUTE" she is.  You can see her personality captured in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment