Friday, August 20, 2010

Dance Class






Today was Maddie's first day of Dance Class at Sulphur Dance Academy. In the weeks leading up to this day we had multiple shopping trips to find and purchase a tiny pair of tap shoes and ballet shoes and the cutest dance outfit there ever was! We were all so excited and just knew that Maddie would love Dance Class. To our dismay, she did not. She was fine going in to the Dance Studio and had no apprehension following her teacher and the other children into the classroom. Tap class was first up. I watched for a few minutes at the beginning of the class and she was taking it all in and was not real excited about the class. After a few minutes I returned to the waiting room with the other moms. I could hear what was going on in the class and heard all the girls start tapping - "Right Foot - Left Foot" tap - tap - tap. Through all of the tapping I heard a couple of girls start crying. After 5 minutes or so I decided to go and make sure Maddie was OK and to my surprise it was her crying inconsolably . I took Maddie in my arms and left the class. When we got to the car Maddie tells me through her tears "Momma, I not go back to Dance." I reassured her that we would not return to dance class again. She is so willing and happy to do the things that she loves - Gymnastics, Swimming Lessons, School - I think we will stick to those things. She definitely knows what she likes and what she does not and in her 2 year old way, lets me know.

Although we will not be returning to Dance Class - her pictures were too cute!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...from your video posts a few back I would have thought Maddie would have loved dance! Her pics are way too cute!! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics. Thank you for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete