Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day




Today was a low key day. We hung out and this afternoon cooked for my dad and uncle. We are minus one child - Lizzy - every year at this time, as she is at Camp Champions. She will be home this weekend but it is still hard to be without her for this special day. This is also the first Father's Day that Keith is without his Dad. Although they were never close and had not spent much time together in the last 3 years of his life, it is still a loss that leaves you with a void - a longing for what could have been and what can never be again.
There were some sweet moments between Keith and Maddie this afternoon. She had made him a special Father's day gift that she presented to him with pride in her eyes that she had done something good.
As I reflect on Father's Day I am thankful that I have such a wonderful Father who is still as important in my life as he was when I was growing up. Thankful that he is a wonderful grandfather and mentor to my children. I also am very thankful that GOD has blessed me with a wonderful husband and father to my children. I am thankful that he is supportive of me and a good provider for our family.

I hope everyone had a great day. Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment