Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Easter Party...






There has been quite a few "Firsts" in our house with Maddie. The first time she sat in the bathtub, the first trip to the park, eating her first crawfish, etc. We all have enjoyed seeing these "Firsts" in her life. Today was her first Easter Party at her school. Although this was not my first Easter Party as a parent - it is the first Easter Party in a very long time. I felt a little out of practice going to a school party but quickly got back into the swing of things. I took great pleasure in dressing her in a cute little outfit with matching bow for her hair. Eggs and Easter basket in hand we were off to party!
When we arrived, the teacher had planned a fantastic party for the kids, with stories, songs, treats and of course, an easter egg hunt. Maddie quickly caught on to how the Easter Egg Hunt works and swoop up her share of eggs. She was so cute finding the eggs hiding in the bushes - her expression was priceless. We had a great time at the party! What a great first!

Easter Sunday will be a family filled day with some yummy crawfish. All of the kids will be helping dye Easter Eggs. The older ones will hide the eggs for another easter egg hunt for Maddie.

I hope and pray that each of you will have a joyous Easter Sunday and with the season, enjoy new beginnings. I know that our family will be enjoying new beginnings with Maddie and my mother. I am so thankful to have both in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment