Thursday, December 26, 2013

Qualities

With having grown children it is very easy to articulate their qualities and personality.  They have grown up and I have helped guide them through various seasons in life until they have forged who they are.  With Maddie, I see some amazing qualities about her in just 6 years of life.

Maddie has been faced with some challenges over the past 18 months.  She has had to step off her throne and share the spotlight with Mia, which she struggled with but has come to embrace her little sister and become a great big sister.  I have seen her face her fears head on - starting soccer and being apprehensive about it and realizing that she has a gift and turned into the star of the field!  In school, she has struggled this year in Kindergarten.  Her teacher confirmed some of our fears, she has some dyslexia tendencies and started falling behind.  Maddie is tenacious and determined to overcome!  She works hard - harder than any child in her class at mastering her lessons.  She never fails to do her homework and pushes me daily to help her.  She will go over and over her lessons, never tiring.  She inspires me!  She inspires me to never quit because something is hard, inspires me to be a better mom, a better person!  I know that she has a lot to overcome but I know that she can do it!  I love her - my tenacious, strong willed, determined, bright and beautiful little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment