Saturday, August 18, 2012

Move In Day!

Christopher has officially begun the next chapter of his life; COLLEGE.  We moved him into the dorm at Springhill on Thursday.  Athletes were able to move in a day early so it was a little less chaotic at campus during the move.  The college scheduled it this way so that the athletes would be able to help unload new students' belongings the next day during Freshman Move in day.

His dorm room is quite small but it's home for the next semester and I think he is happy to be there.  We met his roommate who is from Birmingham, Alabama and is also on the basketball team.  The college did an excellent job of choosing a roommate for Christopher - they seem to be very compatible and alike in many ways.

Christopher was excited to get his room and his stuff all situated in his new space.  After move in was complete (or at least we thought), we took Christopher and Sam (his roommate) and Sam's mom to dinner.  We had such a nice time and felt like we had known each other forever.  It is so nice to meet this family and have them part of our lives and our son's life.  After dinner, the boys returned to their dorm to rearrange it.  I did not want any part of that - once was enough for me.

Christopher and I had talked in depth about his plans for the future and his feelings about college.  I truly feel that he is ready for this next phase of his life.  He has thought about his course of study and possible career choices.  He has even thought about graduate school and continued studies at speciality schools.  I am proud of the son I raised, proud that he is a man who is a leader and is looking ahead to his future.  He is finding his passion in life and trying to mesh that into his life AND make a difference in the world.  He shared with me certain goals and aspirations that he has and was specific in that he did not just want a career but wanted to make a difference in the world, make an impact with his work.  What an amazing time in his life.  I am so proud of him!!   I am so blessed that GOD has allowed me to be Christopher's mom AND is allowing me to have a glimpse of Christopher becoming a man and finding GOD's will in his life.  


Outside of Viragh Hall



His closet - ooh how small

His desk - getting it all organized


Christopher & Sam - Roommates & Teammates

I am looking forward to next weekend as we are driving to Springhill again to deliver Christopher's vehicle.  Hopefully I will get some feedback from him on how classes are, how basketball practice is and overall what he thinks of college life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment