Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another day in Xi'an

Original Entry posted January 28, 2010

Today was our last full day in Xi'an and I am definitely ready to move on to Guangzhou. We receive Madelyn's passport tomorrow morning and have a flight at 6:30 p.m. to catch. This should be interesting considering how crazy the airports in China are and now add a baby to the mix. lol Today we just spent good quality time together. Each day it gets better. We did a lot of Skype calling today. She got to talk with her brother and sister and can call them by name. She also got some face time on Skype with Aunt Penny, Aunt Suzanne, Jena and Poppy. She made a really good effort to say each of their names and is doing a great job at saying english names and words. I also saw a softer side of her today while we were playing. She accidently hit me in the head with a puzzle piece and immediately noticed that she hurt me. She wanted me to take my glasses off and she rubbed her hand over my forehead and face in an effort to make it feel better - how sweet! Our guide came to our room earlier today before going to dinner and translated her birthday card. I was able to write down all of her caregivers birthday wishes for her. They had such sweet words for her. The amazing thing was the people who cared for her were all Christians. This is evident in the birthday wishes they wrote in her card. They all wrote that "Jesus Loves Her" and asked for his blessing upon her life. How amazing is that. All of that time I was worried about her in the orphanage and could not understand why I had to wait so long. And to know that God had his hand upon her life and blessed her with Christian caregivers gives me a sense of peace for the last 6 months that she was with people who really loved her and loved and served my God. GOD is GOOD!!!!! Tonight we went to a Chinese Opera House/Restaurant. We ate dumplings and watched an authentic chinese show. It was really fun. While we were eating we gave Madelyn chopsticks to eat with instead of a spoon. Little girl could use the chopsticks very well. She was leaps and bounds better than me with the chopsticks - lol. It's was really neat to see such a little hand use those chopsticks. It's late and Madelyn has crawled up onto my lap waiting for me to get in the bed with her. So I will cut this blog short. We love ya'll. Thanks for all the prayers. We'll see everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment